Tin Dragon Trail Cottages
Property Locality: North East Tasmania
Type of Property: Self contained cottages
Maximum Persons: 4 -5 in 2 bedroom cottages
Children: Ideal for children
Prices from $120 per couple and $35 for each additional person.
Rates are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
At Tin Dragon, you will discover genuine country hospitality laced with North East Tasmania's rich natural and cultural heritage. We have 36 acres nestled in the heart of country Tasmania on the banks of the Ringarooma River, close to the east coast and northern beaches (and sensational golf courses). Snuggle by the fire, sleep under an alpaca wool-filled doona then enjoy a hearty breakfast of farm eggs and other local produce. Your only intrusion will be the occasional inquisitive wallaby foraging near your cottage or the soaring eagles above.
The cottages are named after the chinese miners who worked in the region's tin mines over a century ago and are constructed from timber & stone sourced from our property.
Queen beds in all cottages (1 bed in each studio & 2 queen beds in Ah Moy cottage)
Ah Moy two-bedroom cottage has disabled facilities
Ah Ping two-bedroom cottage has 2 king single beds in the second bedroom
Baby's cot available
All beds have electric blankets
Fully self-contained kitchen in each cottage
fridge, microwave, gas stove, electric oven, toaster,rice cooker,utensils, electric jug
Good selection of basic cooking ingredients to assist your meal preparation
Clothes washer-dryer, iron & ironing board
Gas fire heating
LCD TV with a selection of DVDs & CDs
Large bathrooms—double showers in studio cottages
Studio cottages have private outside heated spas
Enjoy a spa under a star-filled night sky, listen to the gentle sounds of the Ringarooma River, explore quiet bush trails, Chinese tin mining heritage, farm-life, catch a wild trout and enjoy inquisitive marsupials, echidnas, platypus and soaring eagles;
OR just meditate beneath the Sasafras.
Tin Dragon Trail Cottages are within one hour of wineries, beaches waterfalls, Barnboogle Dunes golf course, Mt Victoria, Mt William National Park and Bay of Fires. There is no need to retrace your steps because we are central to all locations.
- Tin Dragon Trail Cottages won a Tasmanian Tourism Grant in 2008 to develop the Chinese tin mining heritage on their property.
- Graham is a builder, and constructed our cottages from hardwood, felled and milled on site, using a bullock team.
- Fittings (windows, doors, internal joinery) were also from timber sourced from our property, milled here.
- Water is solely from harvested rain water, and we re-cycle the grey water and sewage onto our paddocks and gardens.
- Soon, we will have a mini-hydro power system on-line!
- Our aim is to enjoy and protect our natural and mining heritage.
- We wanted to create accommodation which would be a destination and experience, not just an over night stay. We wish our guests to be surrounded by natural beauty and the quiet of the Tasmanian bush. To experience a feeling of well-being and vitality. To be curious about our local Chinese mining history. To be curious about our unique wildlife and endemic plants and fungi. To explore the sparkling waters of the Ringarooma River. To fish for wild trout.
- To share the joys of farm life with our guests.
- All aspects of creating Tin Dragon Trail Cottages have adopted principles of ecological sustainability with the objectives of providing a luxurious eco retreat. Guests are welcome to share the produce from our organic vegetable garden, fruit orchard and hens.
Hosts: Graham Cashion, Christine Booth & James
Address: 3 Cox's Lane, Branxholm 7261
environmentally friendly accommodation, ecotourism, green travel