Silky Oaks Lodge
Property Locality: Daintree, Tropical North Qld
Type of Property: Resort with riverhouse and tree house accommodation
Children: suitable for children
Rates (per couple per night)
Price Range: $327-$439
Special Conditions: Rates are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice
Spectacularly situated on the Mossman River, Silky Oaks Lodge is the ultimate destination from which to explore Far North Queensland. This luxury boutique hotel lodge and Healing Waters Spa consists of elegant spacious lounges and living areas adjoining the stunningly located open sided Tree House restaurant which overlooks the surrounding rainforest and river.
There are 50 contemporarily designed River and Treehouses that connect with the natural environs each featuring wide verandahs and luxurious spa baths. From the comfort of this award winning iconic eco Lodge experience the adjoining Daintree National Park and explore the nearby Great Barrier Reef as well as the many other attractions and activities the region has to offer.
Silky Oaks Lodge is located just downstream from the Mossman Gorge and offers complete privacy and isolation yet only a 20 minute drive from down town Port Douglas.
At Silky Oaks Lodge, the ethos has always been to embrace the environment and the lodge is highly sympathetic to its natural surroundings.
The Lodge was originally built on a portion of a farmed and cleared 34 hectare parcel of land adjoining the Daintree National Park. For the past 25 years this land has been regenerated and replanted back to the original rainforest habitat. Therefore the ‘Eco-Certified -Advanced Ecotourism’ status has a solid sustainability foundation due to this reforestation of the land the Lodge occupies.
For the past 15 years Silky Oaks Lodge has followed its documented Integrated Environmental Management System (IEMS). The first principle of the system is that the long term effect of the Lodge on the local environment must be zero.
- Energy efficient light bulbs are used throughout the Lodge
- Electric buggies used throughout the Lodge grounds
- All garbage from the Lodge including kitchen fats is sorted and recycled
- Organic toilet amenities used in all guest rooms and bathrooms
- Environmentally responsible cleaning products used as much as possible in the laundry and throughout the Lodge
- Use of recycled paper and both sides of all paper for internal use
- Sourcing of local produce for the Tree house Restaurant
- Sourcing of locally made art works and products in our gift store
- An Australian produced natural organic product used in the Healing Waters Spa
The Lodge has its own Sewerage Treatment Plant which is of a standard consistent with World Heritage guidelines. Grey water from the accommodation houses and main lodge including the Healing Waters Spa passes through grease traps and then on to our treatment plant. This treatment plant is an open topped packed steel system with a clarification step as well as aerators and sodium illuminate with a final sand filter used to reduce phosphorus. The final effluent emitted out into the grounds and surrounding forest is of a specification near tertiary standard.
All water from the Lodge is drawn from the Mossman River and is treated on site with a sand filter and chlorination plant with the result being a pure minimally treated spring water of a high standard.
- The lodge financially assists “Rainforest Rescue’ which is a not for profit organization committed to the future of the natural environment.Rainforest Rescue uses donations from individuals and organizations to purchase logged and farmed land around the Daintree area near Cape Tribulation and replanting it with native rainforest vegetation. Our carbon offset initiative involves making a monetary donation to Rainforest Rescue for each guest visiting the Lodge as well as using Rainforest Rescue tree planting gift vouchers for our VIP guests.
Silky Oaks Lodge
Address: Finlayvale Road, Mossman, QLD, 4873
environmentally friendly accommodation, ecotourism, green travel