Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat
Property Locality: Malanda, Cairns, Tropical North Qld
Type of Property: Self-contained tree house accommodation
Number of Bedrooms: 1-2
Number of Bathrooms: 1-2
Maximum Persons: Up to 6
Children: suitable for children
Rates (per couple per night)
Price Range: from $245-$275
Weekend: $275 per couple per night
Midweek: $245 per couple per night
Special Conditions: Minimum two night stay/three nights Easter and Christmas.
Last minute specials available.
Rates are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat has only 9 handcrafted pole and timber treehouses. All accommodation is fully self-contained from studio layout treehouses to 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms treehouses.
Family treehouses cater for up to 6 guests. Children are very welcome. All the accommodation is very private.
Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat is uniquely situated beside the World Heritage listed Wooroonooran National Park. As Rose Gums itself has 230 acres of private tropical forests, Rose Gums offers its guests an unforgettable bush experience. There is a unique mix of endangered wet sclerophyll and rainforest which makes for a large diversity in the plant & animal life.
Kilometres of walking tracks take guests to a pristine rainforest creek, a charming waterfall and giant trees such as rose gums. The tracks vary in grade from easy to average and in duration from 40 minutes to 90 minutes.
All accommodation features:
- Large spa bath
- Wood burning fireplace
- Self-contained kitchen
- Private verandah
- Convection microwave oven
- 4 pot gas cook top
- King size beds
- Stereo/television/DVD/clock radio
- Games/magazines/bird book
- Covered carport
- Washing machine/dryer
- All linen
- Complimentary breakfast hamper
Binoculars, port-a-cot, high chair, child back pack, tennis racquets
- Rose Gums have been planting trees since 1995 and well before the general world consciousness about climate change. if you would like to take part in the tree planting scheme, let Rose Gums know when booking. Each tree costs $25. You will receive:
- A photograph of you and your tree before planting
- A photograph and GPS (geographical positioning system) coordinates of you planting your tree/s (maximum 10 per person)
- A certificate with the carbon credits your tree/s will offset
- A yearly report on our tree plantings
- Rose Gums has already reforested over 20,000 native rainforest trees
- Rose Gums is a Nature Refuge ie listed with the Queensland Government Environmental Protection Agency. - No trees can ever be removed by law.
- The vine forest & ‘of concern’ eucalypt woodland is protected; and is a refuge for the endangered Southern Cassowary, the vulnerable Macleay’s Fig-parrot, the rare Grey Goshawk, the blue-faced Parrot-finch and tapping green-eyed frog.
- The property is advanced eco-tourism certified.
Host: Jon and Peta Nott
Address: P.O. Box 776, Malanda, QLD 4885
Land Road (Via Lake Eacham), Atherton Tablelands QLD
environmentally friendly accommodation, ecotourism, green travel