Property Locality: 20 minutes from Canberra
Type of Property: Four B&B ensuite rooms and one garden guesthouse.
Number of Bedrooms: Three in guesthouse, 4 in B&B
Number of Bathrooms: One in each B&B, one in guesthouse with two separate toilets.
Maximum Persons: Up to 3 guests in B&B rooms, 7 in guesthouse.
Children: Suitable for children
Rates (per couple per night)
Price Range: from $195 per couple per night
B & B ensuite rooms: $195
2 nights - $350 for 2 people
4 nights - $550 for 2 people
Guesthouse: Rates are by quotation and depend on numbers of adults, children and length of stay.The following examples will act as a guide.
4 people for 2 nights $495, 6 people for 3 nights $795
Rates are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
Located 20 minutes from Canberra, and close to many cool climate wineries and nationally acclaimed gourmet restaurants, Redbrow Garden is an ideal retreat for discerning Australian and international visitors to the Canberra region. The accommodation consists of 4 modern, individual lakeside en suite B&B rooms and a spacious self contained 3 bedroom Garden Guesthouse, both surrounded by an inspiring rural garden and wildlife haven.
B & B Accommodation
All four lakeside ensuite rooms (3 with a queen bed and 1 with a king bed and room for another single if required) are tastefully decorated with views of the garden’s thriving wetland habitat. Each room has a large en suite with double showers and toiletries. Tea and coffee making facilities are included in the room as well as a bar fridge stocked with complimentary drinks and complimentary chocolates on arrival.
Features in each B&B room include:
- All facilities are at ground level- NO STAIRS
- Disabled access and bathroom
- Parking adjacent to rooms
- Full country breakfasts are included in the tariff for lakeside en suite guests and served in the dining room at a time to suit guest schedules. In season fresh produce from our large and productive garden is a specialty.
- wireless access for laptops
The guesthouse accommodation option is ideal for couples and groups who are looking for spacious, self contained facilities with 3 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette, TV, BBQ and an outdoor covered entertainment area overlooking the garden.The Garden Guesthouse also has a fireplace for the cooler months as well as wall heaters in all rooms.
Two rooms each have 2 single beds and the third room, a master bedroom with a king bed and a single bed with room for another. All bedrooms are carpeted, overlook the garden, have built in robes, full length mirrors, alarm clock radios,reading lamps, electric blankets,sheets, blankets and doonas.The spacious lounge/dining area has 2 sofa lounges, 2 large timber dining tables with chairs, library, games cupboard and tea and coffee making facilities.
The bathroom has a shower with plenty of hot water,vanity, toilet (2 additional toilets adjacent to the guesthouse one of which is accessible).
The kitchenette is small but includes a large fridge/freezer, 2 hotplate stove,microwave, electric frypan, assorted cutlery, crockery and kitchenware. An undercover BBQ area is available adjacent to the Guesthouse for your exclusive use. Breakfast is not included in self contained rate, but is available in the dining room at an additional cost of $15. Some farm produce available in season.
Guesthouse guests have access to other Redbrow Garden facilities including the extensive garden, row boats on the lake, country tennis court and bushwalking track.
Energy Reduction Strategies
- 100% energy efficient lighting
- Reduced energy consumption of electricity due to installation of ‘infinity’ on demand gas hot water systems.
- Thermostatically controlled room temperatures.
- Use of gravity and wind power to move water.
- Use of efficient shower heads.
- Information for guests with codes of practice regarding drought and water restriction.
- Installation of drip irrigation to minimise water loss and mulching gardens.
- Rooms without baths or spas.
- Use of recycling bins.
- Disposal of appropriate kitchen waste on farm eg food scraps to free range chickens or compost bins.
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner supplied in rooms are eco-friendly.
- Northerly aspect of buildings.
- Fully insulated buildings.
- Wide verandas to mitigate high summer temperatures and allow in sunlight during winter.
- Appropriate use of trees for shade and wind protection.
- All guests are encouraged to be fully aware of and respect Redbrow Garden’s environmental policies as outlined in various documents provided in each room.
- Continual tree planting for appropriate windbreaks, wildlife habitats, shade, with increased numbers of bird species from approximately 12 to over 70. - - Low impact environmentally friendly enterprises which compliment each other eg horse agistment, free range egg production and fruit trees.
- Extensive landscaping with predominantly native plant species, including improved pathways to minimize erosion.
- organic vegetable garden
Host: David and Elisabeth Judge
Address: 1143 Nanima Road (formerly Bedulluck Road)
Murrumbateman (via Canberra) NSW 2582
environmentally friendly accommodation, ecotourism, green travel