Daintree Eco Lodge
Property Locality: Daintree, Tropical North Qld
Type of Property: ecolodge and spa
Number of Bedrooms: fifteen
Number of Bathrooms: fifteen
Maximum Persons: three
Children: over 6 years old only
Rates (per couple per night)
Price Range: from $550-$598
Special Conditions: over 6 years old only
Rates are inclusive of GST and are subject to change without notice.
Only fifteen tranquil rainforest villas occupy secluded positions amongst the world's oldest living rainforest... reinforcing the impression of being' at one with nature', yet still providing all the creature comforts of a boutique retreat.
Features of the resort include:
- Daintree Spa & Wellbeing Centre - award winning Spa
- Licensed Julaymba Restaurant & Gallery
- An array of tours covering ecotourism, rainforest, reef & Aboriginal Culture activities
- Tranfer Service to/from Cairns, Airport & Port Douglas
- Aboriginal Art Gallery
- Wireless & Dial-up Internet Access
- Undercover swimming pool and sun deck
- Yoga & Meditation deck next to waterfall
- Reef packages, birdwatching.
Features of each villa include:
- Fully micro screened balcony
- En suite bathroom
- TV, CD Player
- Free in-house movies
- Original Aboriginal Art
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Direct dial telephone
- Air-conditioning & ceiling fan
- *Wireless & Dial up internet access
- * Due to the amount of foliage, wireless internet not available in some of the rooms
- Spa Villa features an Jacuzzi on the screened balcony.
Ecotourism is a proactive tool within our sustainable tourism framework that Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa utilises to protect and preserve the properties natural (rainforest, river systems, mangroves) environments, biodiversity and ecosystems and the rich Aboriginal cultural heritage, while at the same time generating sustainable business development in the tourism and hospitality operations of the Eco Lodge.
We have developed management systems, through policy and protocol frameworks, to ensure best practice techniques, such as energy management, waste management, environmental management, to name a few, is carried out in the day to day business of the lodge.
To further our commitment to best practice sustainable tourism and ecotourism, strategic alliances have been developed with various commonwealth and state government departments. One of these departments is the Australian Greenhouse Office (AGO). Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa formalised a partnership with AGO under the Greenhouse Challenge which focuses Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa efforts on reducing greenhouse emissions and most importantly, requires Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa to satisfy detailed audits and energy management assessments carried out by AGO.
We have formed official partnerships with the Natural Heritage Trust under the Land for Wildlife program and encourage and develop projects for the Conservation Volunteers and Green Corp to encourage Australian youth to participate and join us in our efforts.
Host: Terry and Cathy Maloney
Address: 20 Daintree Road, Daintree, QLD 4873
environmentally friendly accommodation, ecotourism, green travel